Thursday, February 13, 2014

Typography Art

Typography Art has been the trend in this especially creative visual generation that we have come to know. It is the arranging and setting of text to form budding images and or an idea.

I created my first typography art. It's none other than.... an image of Jesus Christ!


I can never thank Him enough. For all the days I have depended on Him and Him alone, you could say this is a simple tribute I could offer to Jesus. 

The text I used were lyrics from Hillsong United: Still, Here I am to Worship, All about Jesus, At the Cross, and Above All.

It's pretty basic actually since it is my first time to do typography art, this has been my exploration of the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS5. 

Before I did the actual work, I thought it was tedious work.. and I was right! You have to trace lines in order to form that desired wave of text. This consequently makes several texts in the layer box, which could reach hundreds if you don't merge layers.

Typography Art is cool and without a doubt creative. I'd love to learn more about this and the dimensions of the magical Pen Tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment